The scholarship in the Department of Chemistry within the School of Physical Sciences is funded by Future Fuels CRC to support a full time PhD student who is commencing research in Solar Photocatalytic Hydrogen Production. The project will involve the synthesis, characterisation and testing of novel water splitting photocatalysts to generate hydrogen and oxygen in a Z-scheme photo-electro-chemical reactor.
The recipient will be working with several world leading researchers within the Department of Chemistry, recently ranked as “well above world standard” by the Australian Research Council.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Adelaide.
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Adelaide, Australia.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate.
Scholarship Worth: $33,000.
Subject Eligibility: Research in Chemistry.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic and International Students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Students from all nationalities from around the world can apply
- Applicants should be applying to take part in a full-time PhD research in solar photocatalytic hydrogen production.
- Undergrad degree in engineering or science with a background in physical and materials chemistry, catalysis, or related areas
- Honours or Masters postgraduate degree with H1 or equivalent GPA
- Additionally applicants should possess;
- Demonstrated research experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated organization skills, time management and ability to work to priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Language Requirement: Applying for a PhD program at the university will require that you provide a proof of proficiency in English. Any of the following tests of English will be accepted by the University of Adelaide:
- IELTS Academic
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test
- PTE Academic
- C1 Advanced (formerly CAE – Cambridge English: Advanced)
Application Procedures for the University of Adelaide CRC PhD Scholarships for International Students – How-to-Apply:
If you apply and be chosen as candidates for a postgraduate research degree at the University of Adelaide, you will be considered for the award this PhD scholarship automatically.
Document Requirements: To take admission in this university, you will need to have the following documents:
- Pre-qualification degree
- Copies of academic transcripts and award
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- A statement of purpose
- A copy of passport
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020