Best FREE Firewall Software for Windows [2020 Update]. Firewalls are software programs which are used to improve the security of computers. It protects a private network or LAN from unauthorized access. The purpose of having a firewall installed on your computer, phone, or tablet is to protect against malware threats that exist on the internet or other connected networks.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Free Firewall Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
11 Best FREE Firewall Software for Windows [2020 Update]
1) GlassWire Firewall
- Offers add-on Internet security to your computer or server by visualizing all past and present networking data
- Allows you to block the program in one click
- It helps you to keep track of your daily, weekly, or monthly bandwidth usage.
- This software provides multiple remote server monitoring
2) Comodo Free Firewall
- Offers fast and hassle-free online experience
- Manages traffic on your PC
- Helps you to block all types of internet attacks
- DDP-based security keeps you informed and make your PCs safe
- Secures all connections when you are online
- Monitors in/out connections
3) ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
- Monitors programs for suspicious activities in your computer system and shields you from hackers
- Helps you to detect whether your PC is running a trusted operating system or a dangerous rootkit
- Protects your private information from phishing attacks
- Targets and prevent new and advanced attacks like data access, timing.
- Able to tackle all kind of trick that malicious software can use to bypass personal firewall
- Helps you to control and configure the firewall to get maximum security
- Prevent your site invaders from gaining access to your computer
- Regulate the access to the network and Internet according to a specific application
- If a non-authorize program wants to access the internet, you will receive a notification immediately
- Protects against tracking and monitoring of internet users with the help of cookies and other techniques.
- Multiple and easy ways to whitelist programs
- Offers firewall tampering protection
- Easily create exceptions with the auto-learn feature.
- Password lockdown of settings
- Support for temporary and timed firewall
- Hosts file protection
- Offers an option to restrict an application to the LAN
- Helps you to the recognition of safe software and frauds
6) AVS Firewall
AVS Firewall is used to protect your computer against hacker attacks. This firewall protection software helps you to secure your PC against malware, filter applications to prevent unauthorized intrusions.
- Protect your PC registry every time any suspicious attempt to change the registry contents takes place.
- Switch on the anti-banner feature and block unwanted flash advertisings, banners, and popups.
- Offers feature of parent control making a whitelist of URLs and websites that you wants to view and work with
- Allows you to create your own personalize firewall rules for each program and application
- It will also enable you to view and control the traffic volume.
- View alerts when any application tries to connect to the net from your PC.
Norton AntiVirus Plus is ideal for 1 PC or Mac for offers real-time threat protection against malware, spyware, phishing attacks, and other online threats. The software is designed to provide multiple layers of security for your PC or Mac, including firewall protection.
- Real-time threat protection
- Helps you to generate, store, and manage your passwords, credit or debit card information and other credentials
- Helps you to monitor communications between your computer and other computers
- Simplified management of your dispersed networks from a single pane of glass
- Allows you to manger your backups, auditing logs, licensing and renewals
- Integration with endpoint security partners
9) Avast Endpoint Firewall
- Helps you to manage PCs, Macs, and servers from a single place
- Schedule tasks in advance to make all devices control at all times
- Prevent dangerous websites, set templates, and group devices
- Most comprehensive reports of threats and malware
- Invite other administrators and set personalized notifications
10) Azure Firewall
Azure Firewall provides network security to protect your network resources. It also offers a feature of threat intelligence-based filtering. It also allows preventing traffic from malicious domains and IP addresses.
- Provides high availability and unrestricted cloud scalability
- You can create, enforce and log application and network connectivity policies
- Allows source and destination Network Address Translation
- Support for hybrid connectivity through deployment behind ExpressRoute Gateways and VPN
- Offers integrated with Azure Monitor for logging and analytics
11) Mcafee Firewall
- Prevent various type of viruses, malware, and ransomware from infecting your computer and mobile devices
- Helps you to secure our firewall and block hackers from accessing your home network
- Helps you to store and manage all your online passwords in a single location
- Keep sensitive files private by storing them on your system with 256-bit encryption
Source : guru99.com