Finance and Economic Affairs portfolio still vacant, Henry Gomez is now the special adviser to President Barrow.
STATEHOUSE, BANJUL, 29 JUNE 2018 – The general public is hereby informed that His Excellency, Mr. Adama Barrow, President of the Republic of the Gambia acting under the provisions of section 70 (5) (a), 71(4) (b) and Sections 70(3) and 71(3) of the Constitution of the Republic of the Gambia has made the following changes to his cabinet with effect from 29th June 2018:
1. H.E. Madam Fatoumata Jallow Tambajang has been relieved of her cabinet appointment and redeployed to the Foreign Service.
2. Hon. A.N.M Ousainu Darboe, Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation & Gambians Abroad has been appointed to the Position of Vice President and Minister of Women’s Affairs.
3. Dr. Mamadou Tangara has been appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation & Gambians Abroad.
4. Hon. Amadou Sanneh, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs has been redeployed the portfolio of Minister to Trade, Regional Integration, Industry, and Employment.
5. Hon. Dr. Isatou Touray, Minister of Trade, Regional Integration, Industry and Employment has been redeployed as Minister of Health and Social Welfare.
6. Hon. Lamin N. Dibba, Minister of Lands & Regional Government has been redeployed as Minister of Agriculture.
7. Alhaji Musa Drammeh has been appointed Minister of Lands & Regional Government.
8. Hon. Saffie Lowe Ceesay, Minister of Health and Social Welfare has been redeployed to the Foreign Service.
9. Hon. Omar A. Jallow, Minister of Agriculture and Hon. Demba A. Jawo, Minister of Information and Communication Infrastructure have been relieved of their cabinet appointments.
10. Mr. Ebrima Sillah has been appointed Minister of Information and Communication Infrastructure.
11. Hon. Henry Gomez has been relieved of his appointment as Minister of youths and Sports and appointed Special Adviser to the President.
12. Mr. Hadrammeh Sidibeh has been appointed Minister of Youths and Sports.
SOURCE: The Fatu Network